Friday, November 20, 2020

smoking bad

I decided to drop a super short animation that I made for fun a little bit ago. You can see from the gif that the person is closing their eyes as the smoke travels up from the cigarette. As stated, "In addition, the motion designer thinks about how all these components will change and interact with each other over time" (233). I've found many people mention that smoking has helped relieve stress, even though sometimes it feels like they're stressed over not being able to smoke.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bw_eIwnA2eE/

I wanted to portray the peace some people feel when smoking. I've considered picking up smoking but, luckily, I haven't. Another aspect of this gif is the storyboard aesthetic being used. It gives the animation a desolate feeling, the way I'd assume smoking would leave someone. The motion of the smoke leaves the main figure, leaving them alone as it dwindles. Over time the cigarette will turn into ash leaving the person reaching for more or feeling empty. 

Disclaimer: If you smoke, I love you. Smoking is bad for me personally, doesn't mean I respect anyone any less for doing it!



No comments:

Post a Comment

final

There were some weeks where what I made didn't feel as meaningful as others. I had fun with everything I was writing about and sharing w...