Tuesday, November 24, 2020

final

There were some weeks where what I made didn't feel as meaningful as others. I had fun with everything I was writing about and sharing with the class though. I mostly expressed things about me, my interests, current mental health or personal problems. It was weird? I'm used to sharing my art online because my Instagram is specifically meant for my art and I got into sharing it a year or two ago. The last time I had to share art in a classroom setting was about 5 years ago? I really procrastinated on my getting art requirement out of the way here in university. 


Being in this course reminded me of the significance many different themes and mediums have for specific people. I think we all have things that we overlook when considering what we view as art. There is great beauty in things that we do not find beautiful but others do. I think that might have been my favorite part of this course. I felt like everyone whose posts I got to read had very unique ways of expressing themselves. Everyone was able to shed light on something artistic that I would not have personally thought of.


Interestingly, I consider myself heavily influenced by art and other sources. I think trying to come up with pieces that fit the topic of the week was the hardest part? I feel like I overthought some pieces and wanted to do intricate things that I did not create in the best way. For example, my least favorite week was the one on balance. I found no connection with the piece at all and wasn't the biggest fan of it personally. 


To end this blog post, I want to share a final piece of art. I can't really say what it's reflective of. It's mostly what I tend to share on my Instagram - portraits. I guess it's what I'm good at.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CIAIxtvnb8K/


No comments:

Post a Comment

final

There were some weeks where what I made didn't feel as meaningful as others. I had fun with everything I was writing about and sharing w...