Friday, November 6, 2020

EDEN symbol

you can find these logos here

After reading about symbols, I knew I was going to focus my piece around the EDEN logo. As written by Lupton, "A symbol stands for or represents objects, functions, and processes" (182). To me, and many others, this simple symbol means so much. There are endless amounts of beautifully worded lyrics that have helped many through hard times. Of course, I’m included in that group. The format for this piece comes from this quote: "one block of body copy is surrounded by margins that function as a simple frame for the content" (196). This may not be the best way to go about formatting this piece but it’s too late now. I liked the idea of making this like a magazine page. Just not as high quality. What you’re seeing are images I took at an EDEN concert. I either removed the logo from the image or put the image into the logo. I applied a texture pattern for the one in red, "Dots, stripes and grids provide the architecture behind an infinite range of designs" (201). EDEN means a lot and this little symbol is one I’m planning to get tatted.


1 comment:

  1. ah I have always liked that logo, its so creative and fun. Your post also helped me to shed more light on the design itself.

    ReplyDelete

final

There were some weeks where what I made didn't feel as meaningful as others. I had fun with everything I was writing about and sharing w...