Thursday, September 17, 2020

It's me

  

    Hey everybody, my name is Yazmin. I am currently a senior at Lawrence! I'm double majoring in Math and Philosophy. I live in Oak Lawn, but I am originally from Chicago. I like to make digital art and I have a black cat named Pixel.

it's me even though my hair isn't blue currently


     The pandemic has been troubling. There were a couple of cases within my family. Everyone who had it has now made a recovery even if they are currently feeling weaker due to being sick. Besides that troubling time, I’ve been dealing with covid-19 in the best way I can – staying in. I do have a retail job since it is not exactly feasible for me to not have a job, especially during these times. I have school to pay for and a cat who needs me.

Picture of Pixel
    In terms of art, I definitely feel that it has been an escape for me during this pandemic. I actually stopped uploading to my Instagram towards the start of covid, but yesterday I made a post! I think that's something I want to continue. I didn't stop creating, I just stopped sharing what I was making. I can't really explain why either. I know art is valuable and I want to be willing to share more of my art. 

    I know one of my goals is to make art that lofi playlists creators would want to use!

    For this course, I'm going to continue posting on my personal Instagram and keep posting consistently to the best of my ability.

    Although art isn't what my life is dedicated to, I want people to understand that self expression can easily be shown through art. I feel like lots of people's mental health has in some way been impacted by this pandemic - both negatively and positively. I think that's what I'm going to want to comment on throughout these blog posts. The ways in which the pandemic has impacted my mental health and that of other's that I hear around.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BoVsPg0gdY5/

    I'm including this image that I like in a symbolic way. The path forward seems dark right now. The world isn't in the brightest place but there's clearly still things to look forward to - like the pretty sky.

1 comment:

  1. I love your cat! I also really like the photo of the train tracks. It makes me want to follow the tracks and find out where they lead to. I think that mental health is something that is not talked about enough and i agree that art is a good way to express what someone is feeling. I cant wait to see what you post!

    ReplyDelete

final

There were some weeks where what I made didn't feel as meaningful as others. I had fun with everything I was writing about and sharing w...