Friday, October 16, 2020

eyes eyes and more eyes

 Lupton comments twice on eyes when talking about the way our features exemplify properties such as symmetry. He makes these two comments: "Blocking the eyes can create emotional tension" (100) and "The blocked eyes produce a sense of psychological erasure" (101). In the two pieces I share, I didn't block either of the eyes. What I did want to come across is the property of symmetry and the second one with the upside down eyes is just for fun? 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CGbMlSZHlzU/

The eyes themselves in the first image aren't close enough to be actual eyes on someone's face. Not that they need to be to show off symmetry. I'd say the last pair of eyes probably closely reflects what mine look like currently. Tired. What kinds of eyes do you have? 

As we near the middle of the term, I hope everyone takes care of themselves. It's easy to exhaust ourselves remotely - be at campus or not.


2 comments:

  1. My eyes are also very tired. I appreciate each unique eye you drew with such great detail! You went against your chosen quote and executed it in a way that makes you think outside of the box!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's so much we can observe about eyes. I love how you discuss them.

    ReplyDelete

final

There were some weeks where what I made didn't feel as meaningful as others. I had fun with everything I was writing about and sharing w...